Sunday, February 3, 2013

Week 35/ Another shower!/ And more snow!

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

I didn't start getting into football (and I use that term loosely) until I met John, but I always enjoyed Super Bowl Sunday.  Half the fun is the food, the other half divided between the halftime show and the commercials.  But now that I'm understanding the game more, I'm looking forward to watching the game as well.  Who am I rooting for?  The San Francisco 49ers, of course!  Go home state team!

Yes people, the snow just. Won't. Stop.  Well, hopefully this'll be it for a while (it better, I have a work event on Saturday and I am not rescheduling it again).  The snow started late yesterday morning and snowed up until this morning, but the temp's gotten a bit warmer, the sun is out (I can see blue sky!), and it's all melting away.  Thank goodness.

My pregnancy update told me (yes, it speaks to me...no, not really) that because Dean's gotten so big I probably won't feel him moving around as much.  Well, no one told Dean :)  today I got to see a limb move across my stomach!  It was the coolest thing.  Usually I just see the nudges that make waves across my belly, but this time it was either an arm or a leg.  And he just keeps moving.  I love it!  I'm really going to miss those movements after he's out.  But then again, I'll get to see him move around minus the restriction of my uterus :)

Had another baby shower yesterday!  Thank you again to Alex, Crystal, and Angela for hostessing!  I had a great time, and everyone else seemed to as well.  Thanks to everyone, we are getting more and more prepared for when Dean comes.  And for what we need to prepare for his arrival.  Thank you everyone for coming out and sharing this special occasion with me!!!

To the update!

Size: Little Dean Honeydew!  He's just over 18 inches long and about 5.25 pounds.

Physical Features:  Dean's kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Basic physical development is now mostly complete, and his main job over the next few weeks is to put on weight!

What I'm Thankful For:  John's help.  You'll see why below.  He's really stepped up to not only help me out around the house, but to make sure I'm as comfortable as I can be.  Love you babe!

How I'm Feeling:  Overall, still feeling great.  I have reached the point where I'm limited in physical activity, and some tasks I'm finding are difficult to achieve.  Also, I feel my body making "the changes" in preparation for birth.  It's not been the most pleasant, but stretching seems to help.  By the time I get home from work, I don't move around much.  It's time to start making freezer meals not just for after Dean comes, but for when I don't feel like cooking after work.  

Appointments and Upcoming Events:  Next appointment isn't until Feb. 11, and we'll have one more shower (John's work is throwing one for us!) the day after.  Maternity pics have been scheduled for Feb. 16.  Looking forward to those!  I'm hoping it'll be the one day in the middle of winter it'll be 70 degrees.  It's ridiculous, but I can sure dream!

The Bump Pic!


Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment