Sunday, January 27, 2013

Week 34/ Ice-mageddon/ We have a middle name!


Greetings and salutations!

I’m so ready to move back to California…lol!  I’m definitely not a cold-weather girl (which is why you won’t see me out skiing), and this cold weather here has been crazy!  Last week it was the snow; this past week was the ice! We had an ice storm come through Friday, and with our below freezing temperatures, stayed with us through most of the day yesterday.  Thankfully, I was able to work from home Friday so I didn’t have to get out in it.  John had to go in, but thankfully his work closed early so he could come home before the afternoon rush.  Temperatures have gotten back up above freezing (will be near 70 on Tuesday!) before the freeze comes again on Friday, accompanied by, yes, more snow.  Sheesh!

We had our breast feeding class this past Monday.  Only 2 dudes in the class, John being one of them, lol!  We got a lot of great information out of the class, and I’m glad John will be there to support me when the time comes.

Let’s see…I’ve also been a bit under the weather this past week :(  Stinks when you’re preggo and are very limited to meds.  It’s been mostly a sinus-thing.  Thank goodness for Ellen!  She came over for our doula appointment on Wednesday, and was able to drain out my sinuses.  I felt so much better Thursday!  Still have a little bit lingering, but am feeling so much better!

Update on the baby-middle-name drama…it has been chosen!  There was still a little back-and-forth for a while there, but we fist-bumped on it this morning in church, so it has to be official.  Especially since now it’ll be on Facebook :)  Dean’s middle name is Matthew.  Dean Matthew Martin!  Yay!  So glad to have that decided lol!

On to the update!

Size:  Cantaloupe! (Mmmm...really wish cantaloupes were in season right now).  Dean weighs about 4.75 pounds and is almost 18 inches long.

Physical Features:  Fat layers are filling him out, making Dean rounder.  His skin is also smoother than ever.  His central nervous system is maturing, and Dean’s lungs are continuing to mature as well.

How I’m Feeling:  For the sake of being repetitive, from here on out let’s just assume I’m tired :)  That’s one second trimester item I was really wishing I had gotten back, yet never did.  Anyway, other than that still feeling pretty great overall!  Feet are a little swollen by the end of the day, so I'll be resting as I can once I get home from work.

What I’m Thankful For:  Dean’s stretches.  Laying down the other night he stretched like he never had before, causing me to yelp!  John didn't know what was happening; thought maybe labor was starting, lol!  But I love all of Dean’s movements, as a reminder he’s doing well in there.  But he needs to stay there for 6 more weeks!

Appointments and Upcoming Events:  Another doctor’s appointment on Wednesday.  And a baby shower on Saturday! :D  I’m so excited; it’s going to be a great week!!!

The bump pic!


There he is, in all his glory.  Tossing and turning at night is proving to get a bit challenging, but doesn't seem to be bothering John too much :)

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment