Monday, January 14, 2013

Week 32/ Baby Shower/ Getting ready!

Hello!

Wow, the last few days have been absolutely incredible!!!  First up, Saturday was set to be Furniture Assembly Day for John and I to get all the furniture ready.  Well, John forgot he had to do something for the church, and he wasn't going to be able to help.  So instead of having John's help, a couple of my friends (tools in hand!) came over and finished getting all the furniture together for us.  And it all looks great!  I'll post pictures soon.  Thank you again Stephanie and Jen for taking time out of your Saturday to help!

Then, I had my first baby shower yesterday!!!  I again want to thank April, Leah, and my mom for organizing and hostess-ing the event.  I had a blast!  And am so grateful for all the work you all put into it (you just don't know how much).  Plus, they got a Hannah Cake!  Hannah Cake is cake from The Cake Gallery (shameless plug!)  Her cakes are amazing, and are such a treat.  Thank you all for my adorable cake, and decorations, and yummy food, and...well...everything!  You guys are awesome!  And I felt incredibly blessed by all the gifts that were given for Dean by everyone who was able to come.  Thank you all so much for coming and being a part of this awesome day!  I was so happy to bring everything home to show John.  Hmmm...let me re-phrase...I was so happy for Nick to bring everything home in his truck so that I could show everything to John. :)  John was so happy going through all the gifts, I got a kick out of watching him go through everything.

One would think that would be enough greatness for one weekend...but no!  The awesome-ness poured over into today!  Krista came over today to help organize, clean, and wash all of Dean's new clothes and bedding!  Carrie got to come over as well and watched the little ones.  It would have taken me so long by myself to get everything cleaned and organized (and I hadn't even thought about clearing out a place in the kitchen for Dean's bottles and stuff!), and I am so grateful for them coming over to help. :D

So, the last few days have been absolutely amazing.  I've had so much fun getting to put my focus into preparing for Dean's arrival, especially since we're roughly 8 weeks away from his arrival.  And I'm feeling much better about having everything as ready and prepared as it can be for when Dean comes.  I know John's happy about that too, lol!

Updates!

Size:  Large jicama!  Dean weighing around 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long.

Physical Features:  Dean now has toenails, fingernails (fingernails!), and real hair.  The skin on his body is becoming soft and smooth and he plumps up in preparation for birth.

How I'm Feeling:  Still great!  Still tired :)  Have had a few body aches here and there, and what I believe have been some Braxton Hicks contractions, but those are very infrequent.

What I'm Thankful For:  All the people God has put in our lives.  Re: above.

Appointments and Upcoming Events:  Wednesday is my next doctor's appointment.  We'll also get to tour the hospital, which I'm really excited about.  Things are getting real!

The Bump Pic!


This was post-baby shower.  Had so much fun I wore myself out, lol!  And some of that bump may be from Hannah cake ;)

I'll try to post some pics from the shower, as well as the nursery, for next week's post.  Thanks for reading!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment