Monday, January 7, 2013

Week 31/ Road Trip/ It's Getting Real!

Happy 2013 readers!

Hope that everyone had a safe a fun New Year's!  Our newly engaged friends Alison and Ryan (congrats again guys!) had a shin-dig at their place.  And I made it to midnight!  I'm just as surprised as you, lol!  We had a great time catching up with friends, eating (of course), and counting down to the New Year.  I can tell I'm getting old though: I used to think it'd be so awesome to be in Times Square for New Year's Eve.  Maybe it's because I wasn't a big fan of Times Square when John and I visited NYC this past summer, but now when I watch all those people, all I can think is, I bet they have to go to the bathroom so bad!  Yep, I'm getting old.

But not too old :)  This past weekend I traveled down to Georgia with 2 friends of mine to visit a friend of ours going to chiropractic college.  We (the 4 of us) all use to work together years ago, and how wonderful it is to still be such great friends after all this time!  It was awesome getting to travel, visit, eat great food (I'm talking Indian, Ethiopian, everything yummy John won't eat with me :) ) and dance!  Yes, Dean had his first salsa dancing lesson.  He loved it!  I even got to see my cousin this weekend.  It just so happened that this past weekend she was working in the city right next to where I was, so she got to meet up with us.  The last time I got to see Liz was in August, and before that...19.5 years.  We had a lot to catch up on :)  So, a great weekend in the books.

It also really hit me this weekend that Dean's arrival is a mere 2 months away.  Two months.  It's about to get real, people!  And I don't feel anywhere near ready!  I even asked John tonight if we could move the couch back 6 inches, just because I think it'd look better.  Yes, I'm on the edge of a bit of a freak-out.  Thankfully my co-workers think I'm handling it well.  At least I appear to be holding it together at work :)  After this weekend all the furniture we purchased will be set up (it will be, it will be!), and I'm sure I'll feel better and have it more together.

We've also been searching for a daycare for Dean.  As someone who recruits and gives campus tours for a living, it's fun seeing it "from the other side."  Being the one doing the searching as opposed from the one helping with the search process.  It's going very well.  The 2 centers I've been to have seemed really good.  Still have a couple more to visit before making a decision, but I'm feeling really good about our options.

Baby name drama update:  We're still at a stand-still.  It's down to a couple of names (at least we've narrowed down!) but now it's Decision-Time.  And for those that know my darling of a husband, this part could take a while, lol!  Bless him :)

On to the update!

Size:  Lettuce baby! (dark, leafy green lettuce :) ) Dean measures around 18 inches long and about 3.2 pounds in weight.

Physical Features:  Dean can move his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin.

What I'm Thankful For:  I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I'm in love with Dean and his movements.  They've gotten so much stronger!  And I take comfort in his health knowing how strong he's getting.  Sometimes when he moves it's so strong it knocks me a little off-balance, lol!  We still play our games, where we take turns poking each other.  It's so much fun!

How I'm Feeling:  Awesome!  Tired, but that's normal.  Glad that Dean sleeps with me through the night.  I pray it stays that way (and don't try to tell me different, please.  Let me have my dreams :) )

Appointments and Upcoming Events:  Next doctor appointment is a week from Wednesday.  John and I will also be touring the hospital (finally!).  I'm happy about touring the hospital.  I think that'll help me feel better about everything as well.  This weekend is also my first baby shower! (see, another reason why Dean's room needs to be ready...I'll have stuff to put in it!)

Bump Pic time!


Can I also say that I am digging my awesome pregnancy hair!?!  It's gotten longer, fuller, and always looks so clean!  Love it!

Have an incredible week!

No comments:

Post a Comment