Sunday, December 30, 2012

Week 30/Christmas/Furniture!


Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

John, Dean, Gizmo and I had a great Christmas.  We spent Christmas Eve dinner with the Oaks family.  Christmas morning we had brunch with the Martin family.  Then, something John and I had never done before…we stayed home the rest of Christmas day.  I take that back, we stayed home last Christmas.  That was because I was sick, so it doesn't count.  It was nice being at home, putting gifts away and relaxing.  But, as John and I have a tendency of doing, we felt like we should take advantage of the time together, so we went and saw a movie.  As well as half of Johnson City, lol!  It’s an understatement to say how much I enjoyed the time with John, and I’m glad we were able to be together.

Something else I hadn't done in a while…go after-Christmas shopping with my mom!  We had a great time Wednesday running errands and catching post-Christmas deals.  Then Thursday I met my greatest accomplishment of the week: I cleaned out the extra room for Dean!  Well, I boxed things up.  Nick came over today and helped John take the boxes and the extra bed down to the garage.  Oh, and the most wonderful thing happened this afternoon- we got furniture for Dean!  Thanks again to Nick and his truck, we were able to go pick up Dean's furniture today.  It's still sitting in the box ready for assembly another day.  I'm just so excited and happy to have the furniture.  I'm feeling more and more accomplished.  And it's about time...only 10 weeks to go!

To the update!

Size: Cabbage!  Dean is about 15.7 (how precise) inches long and weights almost 3 pounds.

Physical Features:  Dean's eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen.  Even after he's born, Dean will keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day.

What I’m Thankful For:  Time off from work!  The nice perk about higher ed is that we have paid time off at Christmas and New Year's.  Without that time this year, I'm not sure when I would have gotten everything done.  So I'm very grateful to have had time (and to take my time) to get the room ready and the condo cleaned up this past week.

How I'm Feeling:  Great!  As I've said before, as long as I do my stretches my back pain is minimal.  

Appointments and Upcoming Events:  Next appointment is this Wednesday, since I'm now at every 2 weeks.  This weekend some friends of mine and I are traveling down to Georgia to visit a friend going to school there.  Road trip with the girls!  It'll probably be my last for a while, so we'll be making the most of it :)

Bump pic!

Look at Dean growing!  This was also after a tasty Mexican dinner with Nick, April, and Eli :)

I do want to acknowledge that today is my other son's (the furry, four-legged one) birthday!  Gizmo is 3 years old, and we've had him since he was around 8 weeks old.  Here's a picture from the day we picked him up:


Happy 3rd Birthday, Gizmo!

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment