Monday, December 10, 2012

Week 27/ Cabin Weekend!/ 3rd Trimester

Hello!

Well...here I go falling asleep on the couch again, lol!  Missed posting yesterday due to a massive cleaning I felt needed to happen (then was too tired).  Decided it could wait until today, since Mondays are the official "changing of the week" days anyway.  So I woke up just a few minutes ago, decided I'll go to bed early again tonight, and remembered I hadn't posted yet.  Oops :)

This past weekend was a fun and very much needed cabin weekend away to Gatlinburg!  I love cabin weekends away with friends; they're just awesome.  Especially in Gatlinburg, when you never know what you're going to see, lol!  And after the week of work I had (and everyone else had), it was a much welcomed break away from, well, everything.  Had a great time shopping and just hanging out with everyone.  Thank you guys for a great weekend!

After we got home yesterday (which included a trip to the grocery store), I felt we needed to not only get the laundry done, but also clean.  Not the best idea I've ever had.  Was already tired from the trip, but then spending the next 4 hours cleaning and doing laundry just drained me.  I'm noticing that my energy pretty much diminishes after dinnertime.  And that tasks are starting to get difficult :(  Oh, the next few weeks are going to be interesting, lol!

Next week is it...the start of the 3rd trimester!  Exciting and scary all wrapped into one.  I pray that my good feelings from my 2nd trimester overlap into the 3rd trimester.  Minus the back pain, this 2nd trimester has been wonderful.  

So, I've started playing a game with Dean :)  His movements/kicks/punches have gotten stronger.  So when I feel him, I gently poke where he just hit, and see how long it takes him to move/kick/punch.  It's so much fun.  I like to think he enjoys playing along.  That, or he already thinks mommy is ridiculous :D

On to the update!

Size: Cauliflower! Dean is almost 2 pounds and is about 14.5 inches long (legs extended).

Physical Features:  Dean's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes.  With more brain tissue developing, his brain is very active now.  Lungs are still immature, but are getting stronger.

What I'm Thankful For:  Extra help!  Today Joy Beeler came over and helped me with our Christmas cards. In return I fed her real food :)  Thank you again for your help Joy; it would have taken me forever!  

Overall Feeling:  Fantastic overall!  Still having the back pain.  One of our friends we spent the weekend with is a physical therapist, and she showed me a couple stretches I can do to alleviate the pain.  They sure help!  Usually the pain comes at the end of the day.  I'm taking that as a sign I need to take it a little easier throughout the day.  Work's gonna love that :P

Appointments and Coming Events:  Massage on Saturday!  Both Dean and I are very excited, lol!  I'm also having lunch later this week with a couple former professors of mine.  So glad we stay in touch!  Dean's next doctor appointment is a week from tomorrow.  Next week is a big deal... it's Birthweek! :D  Love birthdays!

The Pic!

My gracious, look how big he's gotten!  And he's only going to get bigger.  Must. Remain. Calm, lol!

Another early bedtime, yay!

Have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment