Sunday, February 10, 2013

Week 36/ It's The Final Countdown!


One month to go, it is indeed The Final Countdown!

I must say that I have been blessed with a wonderful pregnancy.  For the most part, I have felt great and was able to continue regular activities.  That being said…I feel that I have now entered my “uncomfortable stage” (as my mom observed).  Changes are happening as my body is preparing for The Big Event.  This past week was the first time I've really experienced cankles and dude, those are not pleasant.  Between the cankles and soreness, pain and tiredness, I know Dean’s getting himself ready.  As I keep reminding him, he needs to cook just a little longer.  So for that to happen, I know I've got to do more to slow down and take care of myself.  It’s in his best interest, right? :)  Keeping my focus on a happy and healthy baby boy!

Speaking of happy and healthy, I watched Dean’s knee move across my belly this week!  Wow, was that a cool thing to see, if not a bit painful, lol!  John got to feel the action the other day.  It was so precious.  He looked at me, smiled, and apologized for how strong Dean is, lol!  He is a strong baby.  Dean and I still play our games; when he pokes and punches and knees, I poke him right back!  I’m so excited to hold him and kiss his precious little face!

Another sign of the changes is that Gizmo has been hanging around me more than usual.  He’s around me a lot (a bit of a mama’s puppy), but lately whenever I sit down he’s right next to me, when I get up and come back he’s laying in my exact spot.  I think he’s finally learned that mommy’s got something going on and that his life is about to change!  I read dogs can be a good indicator of when labor is imminent, so as he’s keeping an eye on me, I’m keeping my eye on him.

On to Dean’s update!

Size: Crenshaw melon!  Dean now weighs right around 6 pounds and is more than 18.5 inches long.

Physical Features: Dean is shedding most of the downy hair that covered his body.  Many of his systems are pretty mature (at least in baby terms) and just about ready for life on the outside.

What I’m Thankful For:  A wonderful support system made up of family, friends, and my wonderful husband, who has taken on a larger role around the house to help me out. 

How I’m Feeling: Re: above

Appointments and Upcoming Events:  Doctor’s appointment tomorrow, and every week from here on out!  Also have a massage tomorrow, YAY!  We’re suppose to have our maternity pictures on Saturday…we’ll see if the weather will cooperate.  That’s right people; they’re calling for more snow this coming weekend.  Hoping that system will pass us by!

And the Pic!


As you can see, standing up straight has been a bit of an issue lately.  :P

Hope everyone has a wonderful week, and a fabulous Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment