Sunday, September 30, 2012

Seventeen!

Oh gracious, I can't believe these last 3 weeks have gone by so fast!  Travel does that :)  Had a good week last week in the around-Knoxville area.  This week I'll be in Knoxville more (with a dip over to Pigeon Forge, hello outlets!), so it should be great as well!

Updates!

Week 17

Size: Baby Martin is roughly the size of a turnip!  Around 5 oz and 5 inches from head to bottom :)

Physical Features:  Baby Martin's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and it's umbilical cord is growing stronger and thicker.  It can also move it's joints, and the sweat glands are starting to develop.

What I Miss:  My regular clothes.  Last travel season I bought all these dresses (on clearance!) to wear for this year, since dresses are easy to pack.  So they're just sitting in the closet, awaiting the next time I'm able to wear them.  But that leads me into...

What I'm Thankful For:  ...Maternity clothes!  Oh gracious, how I love maternity pants, lol!  Very thankful that Amy, April, and Alex have helped me in this venture by letting me borrow some of their maternity clothes.  I appreciate it more than I can express in words.  Plus, I'm very happy to have stretchy pants for Thanksgiving :D

Cravings:  I had a soda yesterday.  I know, right?  It just sounded really good, so I had one.  And it was really good :)  In case you're not aware, I cut out soda about 10 years ago.  Every once in a while I have one, and, except for the ginger ale to ease some of my early nausea, I hadn't had any yet this pregnancy.  

Overall feelings:  Great!  Physically exhausted.  And my legs have been sore lately.  Think that's a combo of the pregnancy and travel.  Once I'm finished and am able to rest for a while, I'm hopeful to regain my energy.  Since I am feeling good, I'm going to start reincorporating exercise.  Taking it easy, I promise :)

I'm also feeling very overwhelmed at by how much we are not prepared yet, which I know every new parents feels at some point.  I haven't thought of anything for the nursery, because 1). still not sure what we're having, and 2). I'm still hopeful we'll sell the condo and buy a house.  So, if you're thinking about asking me if we have certain items, or if I've picked a theme yet...don't worry about asking just yet :)

Appointments and Upcoming Events:  Still waiting for Oct. 15 to come around, so we'll find out if Baby Martin is a boy or girl!  Also, my work event for this coming Saturday has been cancelled, so I'm looking forward to a day to relax (maybe start planning?  Yeah, we'll see).  And I have a massage the following Saturday.  Plus our anniversary trip at the end of the month.  I LOVE October!

I'm going to forgo the weekly bump picture, since I haven't worn make up today.





No, I'm serious...





I'm just kidding :) but don't say I didn't warn you.

Here it is!:



Shew, it's time to fall asleep on the couch.  April, my sis-in-law, and I resumed Zumba today.  Which is great, but it's tiring after a long absence, lol!

More updates next time!  Have an excellent week!

No comments:

Post a Comment