Monday, September 3, 2012

It's the Baby Bloooooooggggg!!!!

Hello followers!

Right now, this is the Best of What's Around!

As I'm sure you all are aware, John and I are expecting our first child this coming March!  We are so excited, and so to add to our excitement, I will be posting updates on my pregnancy in the all-new baby blog!  I'll still from time to time venture off to other topics, as least that's the intention.  So, for those of you interested in my pregnancy, enjoy!

John and I found out about our coming bundle of joy on July 3rd.  We had only been trying since May (because I figured it would take awhile)  I was unusually sick the night before, and John suspected pregnancy.  I waited until the next morning (because "they" say it's best to test in the am), and sure enough, it immediately turned positive!  I waited for John to come downstairs (as neither of us slept that night, but he had to work and I didn't) so I could share the wonderful news.  It was so funny, I told him the test said I was pregnant.  His reaction: Are you serious?  I had to show him the stick for it to really sink in.  Right after he had to leave for work, and I'll always remember the text message he sent me when he got there: I love you, and I'm really excited!

After all the tests, at Week 8 we got to have our first ultrasound and hear the heartbeat!  Never have I heard anything more amazing than at that moment, hearing life from our child for the first time.  

Here's the ultrasound!


That's our little baby!!!!!!

Moving right along...

We started taking bump pictures at Week 9:

Then we took another at Week 10:
(Eck, that was a humid day :) )
Then...well...we didn't take any for a couple weeks.  Let's see if there was a jump in growth between Week 10 and Week 13:

Yeah, I see a little bit there.  That, or it's my dinner :D  Thanks to my wonderful husband John for taking the Bump Pics!

Now, on to the updates!

(BTW, I'm borrowing the format from my SIL April, who borrowed it from Becky...thanks guys!)

13 Weeks
Size: Peach baby!  About 3 inches long!

Physical Features: Baby Martin's vocal chords and teeth are developing.  Baby is now approaching normal proportions, with the head now just 1/3 the size of its body.

What I Miss: I do kinda miss the nightly cravings.  For a few weeks, I would wake up at all hours of the night just starving!  But even though I missed out on sleep, I know it was my body telling me to take care of itself and the baby.  The last couple of nights, I've not woken up hungry during the night, and I can tell a difference in the morning...it takes me longer to get going because of the weakness I feel.  I need to remember when I do get up to go to the bathroom, I need to have a little snack as well.

Aversions: It depends.  There isn't anything that comes to mind, but it usually has to present itself.  For example: One night I made spaghetti for dinner (YUM!).  Didn't clean the pan that night (too lazy), so the next morning when I came downstairs I could smell the sauce, and it nearly made me sick.  It's the weirdest thing.  

Cravings: FRUIT!  I've always loved fruit, but now I feel my body crave for it.  Especially strawberries, cantaloupe, blueberries, bananas, and apples.

Overall feelings: Pretty good!  I've noticed changes, such as the breakouts I've had (gross!), and the mornings tend to be rough (re:above), but other than that, I'm still maintaining physical activity which I'm sure has helped me to feel good.  Being in the second trimester now, I'm awaiting the "glorious day" everyone keeps telling me about, how I'll feel better than I ever have.  In the meantime, I'll keep up my activity, and rest when my body tells me to do so.

Appointments and Coming Events:  Next appointment is Friday, Sept. 14.  It should be Monday, Sept. 17, but I'll be in the midst of travel season.  Yep, travel this year should be interesting.  I'm anticipating a lot of doors being held open for me, and reps offering to help me get material out of my car (as it's already happened).  I will say my road friends are awesome, and have already started keeping an eye out for me.  Anyway, we'll get to find out what Baby Martin is at the next appointment, in October.  Looking forward to that one!

That's all for now, until next week!

2 comments:

  1. I craved fruit as well when I was pregnant. I ate so many blueberries at work that my co-workers said Eli was going to be a smurf. I can honestly say that fruit has not been the same for me since. I remember eating it AND loving it last summer. I still eat fruit of course but the taste is not the same, I can not explain it. I just blame it on pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay blog! I'm so glad to see you doing this! It's great fun, and in a few years I'm sure it will be fun to look back and remember the journey! :)

    ReplyDelete