Sunday, November 18, 2012

Week 24/ TACRAO/ Name-changer!

Happy Sunday all!

Hard to believe another weekend has come to a close (I know it's not technically over yet, but I start getting my "case of the Mondays" around 4pm on Sunday).  I had a great week for work last week, because it was our annual TACRAO conference.  I love conferences :)  Lately they've been my sole source for professional development, so I was that person feverishly taking down notes at every session.  I shall type them up tomorrow for my notebook :)  While I enjoyed the conference (this year it was held in Kingsport, so just right up the road) it also made me a little sad that I won't be at SACRAO in February.  In Texas.  With Becky.  It'll just be too close to Baby Dean's arrival for comfort in traveling that far.  So I look forward to perhaps a SACRAO visit for 2014!

Another "exciting" event happened last week (not exactly the fun kind of exciting).  Friday morning, as we're waiting for the keynote speaker to begin her speech, I get a text from my lovely husband.  I figured it was one of his usual "have a great day, I love you!" text.  Not this time.  This time, he texts me that he's decided he does not want to use "Edward" for Baby Dean's middle name...


Exactly.  If he could have seen me, I was giving him the Cecily "you're ridiculous" look.  I even have confirmation that he agreed he liked it!  Oh, bless that man that I love so dearly.  We debated back and forth over text until I got tired of it, agreeing we'd talk about it when we got home.  So to make a long story short, we are in progress of coming up with another middle name for sweet Baby Dean.  One that we will both agree on (and to which I will get notarized).

Now for Baby Dean's update!

Size:  Ear of corn! (seriously? LOL!) Dean has gain about 4 ounces since last week, so he's just over a pound, and is right around a foot long.

Physical Features:  Dean's brain is growing quickly and taste buds are continuing to develop.  His lungs are also developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that will help air sacs in the lungs inflate.

What I'm Thankful For:  Specifically this week, it's who I'm thankful for.  That would be my great friend/massage therapist/doula Ellen.  She earned her doula certification this week, and I'm so very proud of her!  And I'm thankful that she's my doula, and will be taking such great care of Dean and me once the time comes.  Congratulations Ellen!

Overall Feeling:  Still feeling great!  Although I'm getting some back pain :-/  Apparently I am not sleeping in the correct position (Ellen pointed this out to me yesterday) so I've got my back out of whack.  I'm most comfortable contorted with laying on my hip as well as my stomach, and that's a no-no for my back (duh).  So last night I tried sleeping in the "correct" position, completely on my side.  I didn't sleep great :)  But it'll get easier.  Also my SIL Krista is going to let me borrow her pregnancy pillow, so I'm sure that'll help greatly!

Appointments and Coming Events:  This is it people; Tuesday is The Glucose Test.  Then afterward I'm meeting my friend Stephanie for doughnuts :)  I'm sure everything will go well with the test, but prayers are much appreciated.  It'll be the first appointment John won't be able to come to (because of work).  Also this week we have Thanksgiving and Black Friday!!! :D

Now for the pic!


Wow!  There he is, lol!  I felt him going through his little spurt this week.  I had an increase in hunger, and I've been sleepy-tired (as in falling asleep on the couch by 8:30 every night).  And his movements have not only increased, but have gotten stronger!  And I can see the movements!  It's just the coolest thing ever!  He's just the coolest baby ever!  I'm so excited!

I pray everyone has a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment