Sunday, November 4, 2012

Week 22/ Travel is OVER

Hello all!

Yes, travel season is DONE!  What I like about admissions is that it's cyclical, so that different things are happening during different parts of the year.  After a busy Spring of folder reviews and campus visits, I look forward to how Summer seems to slow down (well, as slow as it can being a small, private school).  Then once I simply cannot stand being in the office one more second, I get out for travel season in the Fall.  Then I get tired of being on the road and missing out on what's going on at home.  That's when November and December are fabulous- we have our conference, Thanksgiving break, and 2 weeks off for Christmas before starting the year over again.  So bring on conference, which is in 2 weeks!

Updates on Baby Dean!

Size:  Spaghetti squash!  Dean is around 11 inches in length and weighs nearly a pound!

Physical Features:  His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and tiny tooth buds are developing beneath the gums.  Eyes have formed, but the irises still lack pigment.

What I'm Thankful For:  I am beyond thankful to be home.  So happy to be spending time with John and Gizmo, with family, and hanging out with friends.  Went out for a birthday party with people I hadn't seen since the summer, and it was so good to see them!

Overall Feeling:  I'm thinking it's from all the driving, but my legs and my back have been sore.  I started today driving with a small pillow behind me, and that seems to alleviate the back pain.  Other than that, still feeling great!

Appointments and Coming Events:  Next week I'll be walking in the Speedway in Lights 5k, which I am very excited about!  Still have that glucose appointment coming up on Nov. 20 :P

Bump Pic!


So, I had myself a mini-meltdown tonight :(  Just had that overwhelming feeling I'm sure every new mom experiences.  We went to register tonight, and you'd think with all the baby stuff I've bought for other moms I'd have an idea on what Dean would need. Wrong!  There are too many options out there!  It was much easier registering for our wedding, since I knew exactly what I wanted, lol!  I wish Dean would just tell me what type of bottle he'd prefer :)  It'll come together, I know it will.  John has been fantastic with these mini-meltdowns I've had.  So very grateful to have such a wonderful husband to take care of me!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment