Friday, January 13, 2012

Got a blog, now, about the name...

Thanks for coming back!  Have to say, I'm pretty happy with myself in getting out a new post within a week of my first.  I hope to keep this up!

I want to share with you about how I came up with the name for my blog.  I thought this would be the most difficult part, as I wanted something that was broad yet specific, descriptive yet up for interpretation.  Thankfully this was, in fact, the easy part :)  Once I decided to write a blog, the first thing that popped into my mind was the first 2 sentences of a Dave Matthews Band song-

"Hey my friend, it seems your eyes are troubled,
Care to share your time with me"

Now, that's a little long.  So instead I went with the title of that song, "The Best of What's Around."

As I've mentioned before, I love DMB.  You know how when you're not feeling like yourself, and you grab some comfort food and somehow, magically, everything feels better?  DMB is my comfort food, minus the calories.  Today in Northeast TN, it is snowing.  I plan to pop in to the DVD player Dave and Tim Live at Radio City whilst drinking a hot, delicious cup of coffee, and enjoy the snow from the comfort of my couch.

Anyway... I found it quite fitting then that this song described what I wanted for this blog.  Have you heard this song before?  You haven't!?!?!  Just kidding, it's ok.  I've posted it below so you can hear it.


It's it great?  :)

The other reason for the title of my blog is that it describes the way in which I strive to live.  I want to be the person that looks for the best in situations, and in turn helps others to do the same.  I'll be honest, it's not always the easiest way to think.  I am human, and things/people/situations can and do at times irritate me (shocker, I know).  Yet, I find this mentality to be the most rewarding.  And, it feels good :)

So, I hope that when you log in to read my blog and see the title, it will serve as a reminder to "make the best of what's around."

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Love this post, love this song, love DMB! Heard Satellite the other day and thought of you! Loveyou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great, classic song! Love you!

    ReplyDelete